12 10 / 2014
Welp, my cats are gone. I was crying at the grocery store while buying things for their new home. Crying at Taco Johns after they left. Crying when I heard Sophia wasn’t adjusting well.
Then I started receiving updates of her progress and she looks content. They both look happy and lazy, the way cats should.
My sister generally hates people, but I trust her with our cats and I know they will love their new life. Already looking to visit during maternity leave.
Miss my babies ♡
09 10 / 2014
vivacityandserendipity We have 3 names picked out so far, but not settled on any. My husband wants to keep it a secret for now, hehe :)
02 10 / 2014
1. Jim and Pam are my favorite TV series couple of all time. Gifs of them make me smile. A lot.
2. I’m achy, fatigued from lack of sleep, and full of heartburn.
3. But-but-but, I love being pregnant. I love feeling my son move. I love wearing tight shirts and dresses that show off my belly.
4. My 2015 Erin Condren planner is out for delivery TODAY!!! Ahh, Sooo excited!!!
5. Double date with the Ripleys tonight, soo excited for this too!
6. Met with my doula last night and it was good-good-good. I know you can have a baby without a doula. But I view it as a luxury that I want.
7. She asked my husband how he felt about having a doula and he said, “whatever she wants.” Ha! I’ve never heard him say that before, so it made me chuckle.
8. Birthing. We are in uncharted territory (for us), so we will see how this goes. May not get a doula for baby 2. Or maybe we will love it so much and do it again.
9. Enjoying dark chocolate peanut butter cups, gummy bears, and Pepsi. Because man, just because.
10. Best part of my day is coming home to my husband, cats, and puppy. In the near future, I will come home to my husband, son, and puppy. I am so blessed!
23 9 / 2014
I look in the mirror and I think I look good.
I love my round belly, full breasts, and a little extra fat everywhere.
I love seeing my body change and grow to accommodate this life growing inside of me.
Then I start to question how I look when people make comments like:
- When you feel unattractive from being pregnant…
- Your hips are getting so big…
- Your thighs are getting big…
- Your face is getting fuller…
- Do you have stretch marks yet? Are you worried?
You know what?! I hope my body fills out since I’m pumping blood for 2, providing nutrition for 2, and preparing to produce milk for my baby. I hope my body grows as needed to sustain this life growing inside me.
I don’t have any stretch marks yet and I don’t give a crap if I get them, because I will be proud of my body for doing what it is doing, with or without scars.
Babies are a blessing and I will not let someone else’s body image ruin that for me.
I will carry this baby with joy and grattitude for what God has given me.
I will love my body and not hate it. I will not try to figure out what others believe is beautiful because I know that I am fearfully and wonderfully made by God.
My worth is based on what Jesus did for me on the cross.
My beauty is based on what God has written on my heart.
I will not be swayed by other people’s insecurities and shallowness.
23 9 / 2014
Dissapointed in a friend who went out of her way to exclude a married couple she doesn’t like.
I don’t hang out with everyone, but I don’t throw a fit and forceably exclude people I don’t like from OPEN events.
If you offer to open up your home for bible studies, you need to welcome all who are interested. Period.
Praying so hard that I won’t let this get to me, but it definitely leaves a taint in our friendship.
Praying for the Adams, they’re not a likeable couple, but they are people too. They have feelings. No one wants to be excluded.
16 9 / 2014
Ken is a super smart and super nice man in his early 60s. We were in a meeting room without enough chairs, he got up and gave his chair to a woman who came in after him. Then all the guys got up and waited until each woman had a chair, before they sat down.
Chivalry is not dead ♡